Sunday, May 20, 2007

Springtime to dance

`````It was a warm day in early April when finally it felt like spring. I was playing outside with my brother getting him ready for the baseball finals when it started to drizzle. Everyone on the street ran inside their cozy homes to be shielded from the rain that came down hitting the pavement one splash after the other. As I ran inside,I forgot my new leather baseball mitt outside. After 5 minutes of spying at the rain from my house I realized my brand new mitt was decomposing in the rain. I run outside hoping to save the glove when I felt the wet grass tinkle my ankles and my hair getting all soaked. My spirit excited with energy about to burst.
`````My skin feeling clean as I was sticky from the humidity. At that moment I sensed this inspiration to dance. I started to dance with my feet slamming the concrete driveway and feeling regenerated by the cold hard rain. My face with expressions of my emotions throughout the dance. The trees started to move side to side as the wind blew like they were dancing along. Showing my face expressions as I danced to the music of the birds. My soul felt alive as I soaked in the water moving around. I hope that day comes again.